Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brotherly love

Image from CrunchGears



Facebook is an interesting application. It contains a list of your friends, their friends, their uncles, half cousins and anyone whose face is vaguely familiar. I do actually check it once in awhile and you can get pleasantly surprised by familiar faces that you see. I caught sight of one such face with Brother Michael Broughton, former teacher, Vice-Principal of my secondary school, and all round good guy. His love knows no bounds of physical or time constraints, he has more than a thousand friends on facebook. Also, upon our entering into the school family, he was kind enough to instruct the entire cohort on how exactly to bathe ourselves. In the communal shower that followed right after, there were afew people who took it upon themselves to correct others about where they were going wrong in their showering technique. I have always maintained that this was quite unnecessary.

I have gotten on his cross side before though. Brother Michael once caught me drinking water during the morning prayer and hauled me up to ask why. I said i had prayed for water and got quite a earful. I explained right after that i just wasn't thinking at the time and this managed to avert death as he was really nice about it. I think i owe him one. Which is why i would like to draw attention to the fact that he is being abused. There is a game called 'Elven Blood' in facebook apparently. Call me crazy but i don't think he plays.

"Gabriel Goh dueled Michael Broughton in Elven Blood.

Gabriel Goh attacked for 293 damages.

Michael Broughton attacked for 0 damages.

Gabriel Goh won the duel and gained 10g and 3 exp!"

Being the jolly, magnanimous and non-violent brotherly person that he is, Brother Michael Broughton is a passive victim in this. I don't know this Gabriel Goh. Seems like a devious and cunning guy. But to anyone who actually plays this game, please unleash a heaping load of retribution on him.

Now on to more serious news,

You know you haven't been the nicest person to work with when your colleagues...kill you...

"TOKYO (Reuters) – A 60-year-old man who was thrown into the air in celebration at his retirement party died after his colleagues failed to catch him and he fell to the floor."

And someone bail this guy out, this just takes guts. Hydrogen sulphide filled guts.

'A West Virginia man who police said passed gas and fanned it toward a patrolman has been charged with battery on a police officer. "The gas was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Patrolman Parsons," the complaint alleged. '

Yes, if only it was one of those courtesy farts that was fragrantly pleasant and created contact of a pleasing nature he might have been let off.

(There have been less posts but there has also been more alcohol. I've had my fill though and ill be writing more soon enough before my brain decides its had enough and leaves me for another man.)

No comments:

Post a Comment