Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not so concrete jungle

Image from Wikipedia. You didnt think i could be arsed to take it myself did you?

This is sengkang. 'But its just a section Vignesh, Sengkang is a big place!' an annoyingly observant person might object. Yes it is. And it isn't. Multiply this photo a hundred times and you've got the entirety of Sengkang. Its just..more of the same. Its the holidays and i get people over to my house. Its easier that way, i dont really have to move. Unfortunately, just about everyone gets lost on the way.

'Give me a landmark Vig, is there a field beside your house?' Yes. Problem is half of sengkang is composed of open fields, theres a field beside every damn house. If you tell me you see a field, this comes as no surprise to me. I would gladly give you a landmark, like maybe a large sign that says sengkang, but wait, that's everywhere too. There are different sections of sengkang. They can't have different coloured sections though, because apparently you can quickly run out of the nearly innumerable combinations of colour. The same colour schemes tend to be repeated. Alot.

I like my house though. Its just near enough to the forest to appreciate its beauty and just far enough so i dont experience its horrible effects. Save the forests please, just keep the fuckin animals away from my house. I will observe them safely. From afar. Unless its one of those damn spitting snakes, in which case im running away with haste. Some have been known to spit up to several metres. What the hell does it need that for anyway, it eats eggs and small critters. Its like it developed this ability just to annoy observers of the natural world. David Attenborough might have been the selection pressure for this adaptation. 'That bloody voyeur's here again, tomorrow night hun.' 'Aw wait a sec.. try..spitting at him..'

But Sengkang can be a nice place. Serene, pristine, with a beautiful skyline. Id spend every evening watching the sunset, at times majestic and awe inducing, at others pensive and ruminative. Theyve built a condo in front of the sun now. My nice view of the forest now comes from holding up my hands to my eyes to block the buildings on either side. There's something tragic to be said about that i'm sure. For now it just pisses me off.

I should be glad though, when i get out of the house now i can actually see a person or two in the distance. Several years back i was convinced the danger of being kidnapped was real. Of course it might have been that shady guy that i kept seeing whenever i came back from school, but id like to think he had nobler intentions of admiration and awe. And besides i was skilled in the art of Tae Kwan Do at the time. I had my protection.

And my fair shair of humiliation.. I got to a junior black belt when i was a kid. But i lost badly to a girl along the way. Wasn't my fault though, i was kind of pudgy then. Kicks couldn't go that far, i'd lose my balance. Also if i was pudgy, she was friggin massive. No really, she had to be at least 4 years older and with quadruple the fat content. My head barely reached up to her necks and i couldn't bring myself to hit the chest directly in front of me; even at 8 i was acquainted with the tenderness of the female form. Okay sure the target area might have been absolutely massive, but you're only allowed to hit above the belt and i could'nt tell where the tender forms ended and where the stomach began.

It was a grading exam though so i punched the air in front of her (kicks were risky, as mentioned i ran the risk of falling over). In case you think im being too mean, she beat the living crap out of me. I somehow got a double promotion in the exam though (that's a skipping of grade). I suspect out of great pity by the examiners.

One person that could probably take her on might be the founder of Kyokushin Karate, Mas Oyama.

"Mas Oyama, in order to show the strength of his karate, tested his strength by fighting raging bulls bare-handed. It was a mismatch from the get-go for the bulls, not for Oyama. In all, he fought 52 bulls, three of which were killed instantly with one strike, earning him the nickname of Godhand. 49 had their horns taken off with knife hand blows."

Shit. Just..shit.. He kills bulls? With his hands!? This has got to be an exaggeration, but if theres some small grain of truth to this story ive got to take up this Kyokushin thing..

Got sent an interesting link. Someone wanted to show off their advanced copy of this game called gears of wars 2. Probably showed too much about his interests. See if you can spot the surprise.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/10/p10100132qz3_01.jpg

hint: look at the web browser.


A friend Nauman made this kickass signature for me. Check out those luscious lips..nice..